SFL Forum
Runners Unite! - Printable Version

+- SFL Forum (http://www.sflforums.com)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.sflforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Inane Chat (http://www.sflforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Runners Unite! (/showthread.php?tid=7942)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Runners Unite! - MyKneesAreShowing - 11-29-2014

Congrats Don! And Lady Semp too. Endurance takes awhile to build, but keep at it and you'll get there.

Runners Unite! - MyKneesAreShowing - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 03:52 PM)The Inimitable Lady Semp Wrote: I am considering adding a second 5K race to my schedule this summer.

The second race listed course record times for women and men and the times were disheartening. I'm not looking to win, but I'm certainly not looking to finish last.

DO IT DO IT! I highly doubt you'll finish last.

RE: Runners Unite! - WalrusWrangler - 01-06-2016

A friend of mine recruited me to run with her outside when it's dark. She's preparing for a half marathon, and I'm just running because I like hanging out with her. Also I gained like ten pounds over the holidays. She runs two miles on Tuesdays and Thursdays and four on Saturdays as part of her training. The Tuesdays and Thursdays are difficult for us to meet up, so I'm going to run with her on Saturday. I doubt I can do the full four miles, but we are doing intervals, so we'll see.

RE: Runners Unite! - co_heir - 01-08-2016

Unfortunately, I've had to drop the idea of doing any appreciable amount of running. I have a bit of arthritis in both hips. My body is getting back at me for all the abuse I put it through over the years. I can still ride my bicycle so I may look into age group racing.

Runners Unite! - MyKneesAreShowing - 01-09-2016

(01-08-2016, 07:33 PM)co_heir Wrote: Unfortunately, I've had to drop the idea of doing any appreciable amount of running. I have a bit of arthritis in both hips. My body is getting back at me for all the abuse I put it through over the years. I can still ride my bicycle so I may look into age group racing.

Ouch! Bike races scare me, so many bikes so close together. Good luck though!

RE: Runners Unite! - bean - 01-10-2016

On the struggle bus due to gaining 40 pounds. Thanks, Thyroid. And beer. Back to run/walking as many days a week as possible. Hoping when the thyroid meds kick in the weight will come off.

RE: Runners Unite! - leo the lamb - 02-27-2016

A few days ago I slow-jogged almost three miles, then walked a few more. Not too bad for my lack of conditioning. I had done the same circuit a few days earlier with less jogging. Other than that, it had been a while. My calf muscles took three or four days to completely recover, so I think I'll do it more gradually. I want to work up to a daily jog and then see how much I can improve my speed for long distances. But even a slow jog gets me places much faster than walking, and I feel like I could go on indefinitely (once my muscles tone up, that is).

RE: Runners Unite! - pastor's wife - 02-27-2016

I don't like running. I do love hiking or walking through the woods or along a beach. For exercise, I'd much prefer swimming or biking (though nothing competitive!)

RE: Runners Unite! - WalrusWrangler - 02-29-2016

I "ran" 3.5 miles last Sunday. I went with a friend who is super into running, but we kept at my pace. Starting out we did tenth mile intervals. After maybe a mile and a half I had to slow to a walk. I could have kept the pace longer, but the path we were running was hilly. The hills wore me out. I'm signed up for a 5K on March 12. I'm nowhere near ready for it, but I'm going to take it casually. I'll run and walk as I'm able.

RE: Runners Unite! - leo the lamb - 02-29-2016

(02-27-2016, 04:07 PM)pastor Wrote: I don't like running.  I do love hiking or walking through the woods or along a beach.  For exercise, I'd much prefer swimming or biking (though nothing competitive!)

I occasionally enjoy running if I have the energy and stamina, but I, too, prefer walking, hiking, swimming and biking. I'm hoping I'll grow to enjoy running more as I do it more.